Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

New Releases 10/2022

Last updated on 1 year ago
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 1 year ago

perfinpuz wrote:

@perfinpuz - For some reason, my virus program, Avast, is saying Incite PC Gaming issue 05 mediafire link is bad, citing URL:blacklist. It will not even let me ignore and download anyway.

Can confirm. Same for me.
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
I can download the file just fine via the website link and directly from within the Mediafire account itself. I think maybe Avast is not liking the URL redirect which looks to be happening because the download quata has been exceeded so direct downloading has dropped out and you receive a intermediate page with advertising.
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 1 year ago
Perhaps, but the other Mediafire downloads also have pop-up ads that don't trigger the anitivirus software. Maybe it's a particular pop-up that's the problem? For what it's worth, even without virus software running, Firefox blocks the Incite #5 download as well.
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
Weird. I will look into it. Might reupload it tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue.
J
JasonAdmin
Posted 1 year ago
Just to chime in, it works fine for me using just Windows Defender and Chrome. I do use UBlock Origin so I never even knew Mediafire had popups!
C
CaptainKolothNewbie
Posted 1 year ago
As long as we're on the topic, the links for PC Gamer 1 and 2 haven't been working for me at all.
S
slider1983Member
Posted 1 year ago

Jason wrote:

@Jason - Just to chime in, it works fine for me using just Windows Defender and Chrome. I do use UBlock Origin so I never even knew Mediafire had popups!
I'm using Chrome with anti-virus software. I get popups but everything is accepted fine when downloaded.

CaptainKoloth wrote:

@CaptainKoloth - As long as we're on the topic, the links for PC Gamer 1 and 2 haven't been working for me at all.
If they're the links that kitsunebi provided on the previous page I think that's part of the joke. 😁
Edited by slider1983 on 16/10/2022, 1 year ago
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 1 year ago

CaptainKoloth wrote:

@CaptainKoloth - As long as we're on the topic, the links for PC Gamer 1 and 2 haven't been working for me at all.

Do you mean these links?

PC Gamer (USA) issues 1 and 2 are not available to download HERE:
http://oldgamemags.net/infusions/down...ad_id=9854
http://oldgamemags.net/infusions/down...ad_id=9855

Why don't you give that a more careful read? One letter can make a world of difference. Cool
C
CLDaviJunior Member
Posted 1 year ago

Kiwi wrote:

@Kiwi - Hyper Hints, Cheats and Playguides issue 13 is now available.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/hyper-capg-13.jpg

I'm glad we're getting these issues. All we need is Issues 1 (also being the 26th issue of Hyper), 4, 6-8, 10 and 11 to at least bring it up to speed with the total amount we have here. Wink
C
CaptainKolothNewbie
Posted 1 year ago

kitsunebi wrote:

@kitsunebi -

CaptainKoloth wrote:

Do you mean these links?

PC Gamer (USA) issues 1 and 2 are not available to download HERE:
http://oldgamemags.net/infusions/down...ad_id=9854
http://oldgamemags.net/infusions/down...ad_id=9855

Why don't you give that a more careful read? One letter can make a world of difference. Cool

I saw that, but assumed it was a typo. I guess I'm missing the joke... why announce they're not available for download? πŸ€”
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
Maybe it was to encourage comments on the site?

Scanning members have made hundreds of mags available here the last couple of months, many of which are unavailable anywhere else and there's been very little in the way of comments or acknowledgement from members, yet the Mediafire account has been hit so hard with downloads that direct downloading has been disabled due to the bandwidth hit, hence putting up a "fun' post like that? I know I laughed when I saw it Smile

What I do know is that there is insufficient donations or incentive for me at the present time to justify purchasing a forth Mediafire account or a hosting plan from some other service like MEGA to continue making all our downloads available on a continuous basis once the third account is at capacity which at the current rate will happen in the next month or two, especially if I get all 400 mags of Aral Dite's and a swag of Hubz files added. At that time it will likely it will likely end up my having to delete older files off Mediafire to make way for new content.
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 1 year ago
It actually WAS a new release post. Both of those links went to brand new scans I released. I just didn't bother promoting them (correctly) since they were my Japanese beer magazines, which no one but Kiwi downloads anyway, so yeah, it was a joke so that the post could at least generate SOME sort of reaction. Which it now has. GrinLike As Kiwi says, the work we scanners do generally gets released into a vacuum, so sometimes we've just got to amuse ourselves to stay sane. Wink
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 1 year ago
As everyone knows, the most important rule of toy collecting is to never open the package. Likewise, the most important rule of magazine collecting is to NEVER READ THE MAGAZINE. Just seal it away in a protective mylar slab and stare admiringly at the pristine cover, resisting the curiosity to peek inside. Well, your days of wondering what was on the interior pages are finally over, since I've scanned ToyFare #3 so you don't have to touch your physical copy, exposing it to air and possibly getting fingerprints on it, ruining its collector value.

Keep your copy mint by downloading here:
http://www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/...ad_id=9878
www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/toyfare_003_kitsunebi_001.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
PC Plus issue 100 is now available. At 480 pages this thing was the biggest mag I have ever scanned and that's with six advertising pages removed by the previous owner. Lordy!! Shock

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pc-plus-100.jpg
S
shan2752Newbie
Posted 1 year ago
Thanks to the Host and all those who scan and provide these vintage magazines to the community! This is a great site with content not available anywhere else. It’s greatly appreciated!
K
kritofNewbie
Posted 1 year ago
I noticed a mention to a lack of donations. Is there a link on the site to contribute financially that I'm just not seeing? Not noticing anything on the homepage, looked over the FAQ, searched for "donations" and "Paypal", but I just can't find it.
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
The reason you don't see any info is because I have never required members to pay more than the initial joining donation which is detailed in the Terms & Conditions page when signing up and you don't see that page when you are logged in, only when registering.

Unfortunately, this platform doesn't allow me to make our releases visible to the public while denying downloads, eg, they can see what we have but cannot access them until they are a member. This has resulted in a lack of members signing up which is why donations are lacking and on the whole barely cover annual site costs.

This was the chief reason I had toyed around with the idea of changing to the SMF forum application as the pro version of their download manager allows such a scenario therefore visitors have a view of our files and can better determine whether the donation for membership for them is worth it or not. However, I got zero commentary from any members around the idea, so I shelved it and saved myself the aggravation of configuring the new site and having to add all our files into the new site.
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 1 year ago
1. A donation is not the same thing as a fee. When joining, people pay a membership fee. A donation is giving without getting anything in return. What the above 2 people have asked about is a way to give a donation. Retromags pays most of their expenses with donations. It makes sense to be open to the concept, especially when people are asking about it.

2. I think I speak for most people when I say that I haven't the slightest conception of what's involved with running a website. I couldn't tell you the difference between a SMF and a SMURF, so I don't feel I have anything to add to a discussion of its merits. It's a given that most members are only here for downloads, so they'd go with the flow no matter what the platform was. So it boils down to what you want, especially since you'd be the one doing all the work and bearing the cost (unless maybe you get that donation idea rolling).

I do agree that not seeing the downloads is hurting the membership drive. I don't think anyone coming here for the first time is going to look in the forums at all, so seeing new release posts isn't even a factor. They come to the site, click downloads, and (up until you took them down yesterday) they saw a small selection of mags available to download. And despite the fact that you state how many mags are available right on the home page, I suspect most of those people assumed that the mags they saw that could be downloaded are the only mags the site has.

I think we either need a different platform where non-members can see the mags (without being able to download), or else there should be NOTHING available for non-members in the download section (take down that 3DO magazine as well) other than a message like the one on the homepage saying that they'll only be able to access the 9700 or so mags by joining up.

EDIT: Another idea. You could create a simple text list of all available mags and have a link to that (be it a google doc or just another page on the site.) That would be sufficient to let people see what's available.
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 1 year ago
Here's another mag for the collection as we creep closer to 10,000: Famitsu 1338.

Get it here: http://www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/...ad_id=9880

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/famitsu_1338_kitsunebi_001.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
The June 1984 issue of APC is now available. I've used toilet paper that was thicker and stronger than the tissue paper this thing was printed on ...

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/apc-1984-06.jpg
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.