Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

New Releases 11/2021

Last updated on 12 months ago
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 1 year ago
Tech Gian issue 24 can now be downloaded here: http://oldgamemags.net/infusions/down...ad_id=8232

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/tg_024_kitsunebi_001.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
Busy life at present so scanning mags has taken a back seat recently but you can probably tell I am trying to get all our existing content migrated to the new site and we now have over 8250 mags available in the download area.

PlayStation content has been high on my agenda recently, most likely because I acquired a PS3, a console I have never owned previously, so I am acquainting myself with some of the games for the system. Fifteen years since it released and I am just getting into one now Smile
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 12 months ago

Kiwi wrote:

@Kiwi - PlayStation content has been high on my agenda recently, most likely because I acquired a PS3, a console I have never owned previously, so I am acquainting myself with some of the games for the system. Fifteen years since it released and I am just getting into one now Smile

PlayStation, PS2 and PS4 are all in the top 5 bestselling (non-handheld) consoles of all time. Poor PS3 is the only one not in the club (unless you count the PS5, which isn't really fair since it's only been out for a year.) Is this your first Sony system, or do you own one or more of the others?
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 12 months ago
I acquired the original PlayStation way back in the day to play Gran Turismo.

I then sold it to upgrade to the PS2 because it could play DVD's as at the time it was the cheapest way to acquire a player only to find it wasn't actually all that great a player and the games looked worse than anything on my Dreamcast. Out went the PS2 and I've never bought anything Sony ever since!! That's because I bought an Xbox 360 and followed that up with an Xbox One.

They've all gone now. I won't ever buy another console as they are essentially just PC's however the PS3 only cost me $35.00 so it really was a spur of the moment purchase.
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 12 months ago
I bought the original PlayStation to play JRPGs (FF7 wasn't out yet, but it was on the way and the Japanese version had been featured in some mags). Ironically, since then I've completely soured on JRPGs...
I don't think I had a particular reason to buy the PS2 other than that I bought every system of that generation. You're right, the first year or so of PS2 releases was garbage and everyone would have been better off sticking with the Dreamcast. Of course, the games eventually got better (a good thing, since there are over 4,300 of them Shock ), and the PS2 rose to the #1 best-selling console of all time spot.

My console gaming stopped in the PS2 era (well, ALL gaming, really), so I really have no familiarity with any of the consoles or games that came after. I'll never buy another console, either, but hell, I haven't even owned a TV for the past 15 years.Pfft
MarkMarkJunior Member
Posted 12 months ago
You should have started this as a separate thread! Interesting chat.

I had a similar experience to yourself, Kiwi. Except N64 rather than PS1. I also skipped into Dreamcast before being underwhelmed by the PS2 and went Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One after that, with the Wii and Wii U as impulse purchases to add a bit of variety.

And I completely agree with you about modern consoles. I also think I won't ever buy a console again. They are just locked-down PC's. None of the uniqueness of previous generations.

I started as a PC gamer as a young kid and I guess I'll end as a PC gamer too!
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 12 months ago
I should rephrase my earlier comment about not buying another console again. If Microsoft sold an Xbox Series X level console that ran a full blown Windows O/S that you could use as either a PC or a console I would seriously consider THAT as it would allow one box to cover everything I'd want it for.

There are historical precedents for this. The PS2 ( and PS3 from memory) allowed for running other O/S'es officially, at least for a while anyway. Microsoft could easily accommodate the unified AMD architecture to allow a full monty Windows version to run on the device so best guess is they have too much to lose in the way of industry partner support to release such a device. That, and the fact they cannot make enough for Xbox gamer folk let alone sales for PC wanting them for their next PC.
P
PulstarNewbie
Posted 12 months ago
I think the PS4 would be my last console. They should offer exclusives on the cloud platform because owning a box just to play a handful of games (big budget games are becoming fewer and fewer and getting delayed all the time) is just not worth the hassle.

Though it is appreciated Microsoft are offering the xbox games for Windows too.
Edited by Pulstar on 03/12/2021, 12 months ago
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 12 months ago
Esoteric Uploads presents: Yokohama Beer Magazine Vol.1. If you like beer and want to visit Yokohama, this is for you! And hopefully you already live in Japan, because that's the only way you're gonna get here, since the borders have been completely closed to foreign visitors ever since Omicron was discovered. Ah, 2020 and 2021...good times! Let's all drink beer until we forget them both! Grin
http://www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/...ad_id=8388
www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/yoko_kitsunebi_001.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 12 months ago
Awesome!! I'll drink to that!! Cool
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.