Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Info on NMS content

Last updated on 12 months ago
A
AD2020Newbie
Posted 1 year ago
Hi, I am a super casual visitor so apologies if this has already been covered and I've overlooked it.
I was wondering what happened to Nintendo Magazine System content? Was there a copyright owner request to take it down? I essentially joined for that publication (I do actually own physical copies I wanted digital access)
Thanks for any insight on this matter
-AD
S
slider1983Member
Posted 1 year ago
Not sure but I know that not everything from the old website has been migrated over yet. Silicon Chip and some Sega mags I noticed haven't made it yet. Kiwi has also said he requires more server space to host files.
MarkMarkJunior Member
Posted 1 year ago
Yeah, Slider hit the nail on the head I reckon. Migrating a huge database like this is a monumental task. Especially with the storage juggling that is going on in the background. Hopefully NMS will be up soon.
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
This website is pretty much a one-man band so my spare time is spread between getting new content from other members added, scanning my own magazine collection and trying to get all the old sites content added to the new platform. All that is on top of working full-time.

The NMS content, along with all the other mags still to be re-added from the old site will arrive here. I have just been prioritizing new content over the older stuff in recent times.
C
CLDaviJunior Member
Posted 1 year ago

Kiwi wrote:

@Kiwi - This website is pretty much a one-man band so my spare time is spread between getting new content from other members added, scanning my own magazine collection and trying to get all the old sites content added to the new platform. All that is on top of working full-time.

The NMS content, along with all the other mags still to be re-added from the old site will arrive here. I have just been prioritizing new content over the older stuff in recent times.

So does that possibly explain why some old Magazines like Hyper have yet to be updated with the remaining and currently unavailable issues being put into a hypothetical buffer for later release? If so, at least that eventually they'll end up here. Patience is a good friend of mine.
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
All preserved issues of Hyper are already available to Elite members. Issues 252 to the final issue 271, which were digital releases, will be made available to members over the next few weeks but issues 191 - 250 won't be any time soon, if at all .....
S
slider1983Member
Posted 1 year ago

Kiwi wrote:

@Kiwi - All preserved issues of Hyper are already available to Elite members. Issues 252 to the final issue 271, which were digital releases, will be made available to members over the next few weeks but issues 191 - 250 won't be any time soon, if at all .....
Just to clarify I know you put in place a rule that anything still can be bought online or anything from the last five years was going to be archived. Is Elite membership access to that stuff?
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
In theory, ..... maybe ..... in practice not really as space constraints just covering our content able to be made available to members is seriously maxxing out the Mediafire accounts at the present time.
CassielCassielNewbie
Posted 1 year ago
Sorry if the questions might sound stupid, but since I don't know where to find anything about it, how can one become an elite member and what further stuff does on have access too then? Also since I just recently got full blown into the scanned magazines scene, does the "old site" still exist, and if so are the links of issues not migrated over still active, or are they down?
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 1 year ago
Elite is invitation only!! At the present time it doesn't have much additional content due to space constraints so I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest!!

The old site is archived. I am getting the remaining content migrated over in the next few weeks so again, I wouldn't get too excited about it as it will all be available here shortly anyway!!
CassielCassielNewbie
Posted 1 year ago
Thank you ~
S
slider1983Member
Posted 1 year ago

Kiwi wrote:

@Kiwi - In theory, ..... maybe ..... in practice not really as space constraints just covering our content able to be made available to members is seriously maxxing out the Mediafire accounts at the present time.
I hope something can be done somewhere down the line before you run out. This website is a valuable source of material.
K
killer1500Newbie
Posted 12 months ago
There is some amazing stuff in those old hyper mags, good to see alot of the nms up too now.
Thanks for your dedication kiwi, i read a mag alot before i go to bed now haha.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.