Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

New Releases 07/2021

Last updated on 2 years ago
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 2 years ago
Comptiq No.255 can now be downloaded here: http://www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/...ad_id=7512

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/comptiq_255_kitsunebi_001.jpg

コンプティーク2003年03月号
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
andynick kindly submits Xbox Gamer issue 31......

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/xbox-gamer-031.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
..... and follows that with Mega Action issue 01. Brilliant!!

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/mega-action-01.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
The January and February 1987 issues of Your Computer (AUS) have been added to the download section.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/yourcomputer-aus-1987-02.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
andynick submits PC Gamer (UK) issue 206. This is the last issue released by Future that did not get a digital release.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcgameruk-206.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
JabbaTheGamer and Jason also come to the PC Gamer (UK) party with issue 155 also added to the download area. OGM is THE place to come for PC Gamer mags methinks!! Smile

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcgameruk-155.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
Our dynamic duo also provide us with four new issues of PC Games (USA). Fabulous!!

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pc-games-v05-01.jpg
E
etphonehome1973Member
Posted 2 years ago
Another great releases!

THX in special for those PC Gamer issues!

Two less...
X
XP GamerNewbie
Posted 2 years ago
Thanks! Another who loves the PC Gamer mags! Like
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
Jason submits two more issues of Australian PC User

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcuser-2003-11.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
We start the weekend off with another andynick submission with NGamer (UK) issue 66 now available to grab from the usual place.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/ngamer-uk-066.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
Following hot on it's heals we also have some Xboxy goodness with Xbox Gamer issue 30 straight off his scanner.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/xbox-gamer-030.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
Staying with XBox the next release comes from the JabbaTheGamer/Jason combo with issue 16 of XBN (Xbox Nation). In addition to that issue 17 receives a new, better quality scan....

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/xbn-016.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
Moving on to the greatest gaming machine ever created ..... the IBM PC ... next with Computer Games Strategy Plus issue 90 now scanned and available thanks to the donation of a print copy from J.Cameron. That's 125 issues of this title now scanned and preserved here. Getting there ...... Smile

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/cg-strategyplus-090.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
On the subject of upgrades JabbaTheGamer purchased another copy of XBN (Xbox Nation) issue 21 as it had less sticker damage. Jason scanned the cover and I have edited some of the remaining damage out and uploaded the amended issue. If you don't want to download the whole magazine again there is a Mediafire link to the replacement cover on the download page for the issue.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/xbn-021-page_001.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
Todays first release is Computer Games issue 119 and what a wonky cut piece of crap this was!! I've straightened up most of the double page ads because they were totally crap looking in side by side page viewing mode but other than that I haven't spent any more time on it!!

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/computer_games-119.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
Space is getting tight, really really tight on two of the Mediafire accounts, so much so that I doubt many more issues can be added to them. I am trying to migrate some content over to the third account to enable me to keep all of a particular magazines issues stored in one location then altering the link to the new file and deleting the old files off the full accounts.

At the same time I am extracting non-OCR based PDF's into CBR files to keep scanned mags in a common format and as part of this I have been looking at files scanned with my FI-5650c and decided I am unhappy with the brightness levels of those files. This is due to the differences between the LED light elements on the Snapscan which are a lot brighter than the mercury lights in the FI-5650c. I have been playing around with brightness/contrast levels in Paintshop Pro and have managed to almost eradicate the "grey white" look without impacting the images. If anything they also look better. Note I am not trying to be Meppi and edit/re-edit files until the end of days, just trying to adjust my files to keep them in line with everyone elses submissions in regards to brightness levels.

First up is Xbox World 360 issue 88. This is because a new issue is incoming from Jason so it sort of made sense to migrate this off the old account. If you like the PDF by all means stay with it but if you want a brighter version then feel free to grab the CBR version and tell me what you think of it.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/xbworld360-088.jpg
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 2 years ago
While I don't think it's necessary for you to re-edit all of your scans unless it just makes you happy to do so, I will say that I was honestly never that enthusiastic about the images that rolled off of the super-expensive A3 line of Fujitsus. I believe Marktrade's later scans were also made on such a scanner, and they always seemed overly dark to me, with a slightly soft focus that isn't as sharp as the cheaper Scansnap output, either. I have no doubt that they're great scanners, but I suspect their strengths lie not in magazines, but elsewhere.

Btw, I downloaded the CBR of the magazine to compare to the PDF, and was surprised to see that the CBR was 160MB larger. Since the image dimensions are the same, and increasing white on a page usually results in a slightly smaller filesize, I can only assume that the images were saved at a different compression level than the PDF which resulted in a filesize increase. I don't know what Paintshop Pro's settings are, but saving the files using the recommended compression level of 9 in Photoshop results in jpgs roughly 65% the filesize of the ones in the CBR, which makes them very near to the size of the files in the PDF.
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
The size difference is because I was using a higher compression level on my earlier scans. I know, I know .... bad karma and all that but at the time I thought less than 300MB files were preferable to better quality. My views have changed somewhat since then with 500MB my upper limit barring those monster friggin' PC Gamer (USA) type issues Pfft

As far as the FI series go mine was produced in 2008 and his wouldn't have been much newer... 2010 maybe ... so the lamps were probably the best of their kind back in the day. I never wanted to fiddle with my scans but when I got the IX1600 I suddenly realised the brightness disparity between my scans was going to play with my head!!!
Edited by Kiwi on 17/07/2021, 2 years ago
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
As promised a new issue of Xbox World 360 is now available with issue 93 kindly purchased by JabbaTheGamer and with Jason providing the requisite scanning!!

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/xbworld360-093.jpg
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.