Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

New Releases 05/2021

Last updated on 3 years ago
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 3 years ago

slider1983 wrote:

@slider1983 - Not sure what it was like in America but I know in the UK CD-Roms either came in jewel cases stuck to the mags or came in clear plastic sleeves again stuck to the mags.

I'm so confused. You directly quoted me, and yet you clearly didn't even read what you were quoting. I literally just told you exactly how PC Gamer was packaged in America, which is what was being discussed. Telling us about how completely different mags in the UK were packaged is off-topic and adds nothing to the conversation.
S
slider1983Member
Posted 3 years ago

kitsunebi wrote:

I'm so confused. You directly quoted me, and yet you clearly didn't even read what you were quoting. I literally just told you exactly how PC Gamer was packaged in America, which is what was being discussed. Telling us about how completely different mags in the UK were packaged is off-topic and adds nothing to the conversation.
PC Gamer was also released in the UK. Not off topic. I didn't know if you were generalising or being specific as per my comment. Like
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 3 years ago
PC Gamer USA may well have been sold in the UK, but why were you talking about UK mags? As you must be aware if you read the comments, we were talking specifically about PC Gamer USA. NOT PC Gamer UK or PC Gamer France or PC Gamer Narnia. We were in fact talking about a very specific issue of PC Gamer USA that was released here with cover damage that Kiwi suspected may have been damaged due to a disc being affixed to the cover - a logical assumption from someone living in New Zealand, where most mags are either imported from the UK or follow the UK format (and thus often had things glued or taped to their covers). So I corrected him and informed him that in the USA, that is not the case, and mags like PC Gamer included the disc in cardboard sleeves packaged loose within polybags. All talk of UK magazines WAS completely off-topic. Sorry if I'm getting impatient but this is getting to be a repetitious pattern. Reading all comments carefully before replying not only shows respect to the person we're responding to, it will save having repeating ourselves and keep us from going unnecessarily off topic.
MarkMarkJunior Member
Posted 3 years ago
slider1983 - You've let yourself down and you've dishonored your family. You are now banished to the desert where you will most likely perish from dysentery.

Unless Kiwi is feeling generous and offers you a pardon.
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 3 years ago
i.postimg.cc/TwQx498D/oregon-trail.png
S
slider1983Member
Posted 3 years ago

kitsunebi wrote:

Sorry if I'm getting impatient but this is getting to be a repetitious pattern. Reading all comments carefully before replying not only shows respect to the person we're responding to, it will save having repeating ourselves and keep us from going unnecessarily off topic.
All I can say is I thought you weren't being specific which is why I offered how the UK magazine would have had its disc packaged. It doesn't necessarily mean I wasn't reading your comment, it's how I interpreted your comment and responded. Being on the autistic spectrum has those advantages or disadvantages you see. Smile
S
slider1983Member
Posted 3 years ago

Mark wrote:

@Mark - slider1983 - You've let yourself down and you've dishonored your family. You are now banished to the desert where you will most likely perish from dysentery.
If it means unintentionally annoying Kitsunebi...

i.gifer.com/PMKx.gif
😂
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
A seven issue batch of Official PlayStation Magazine (US) mags have been added to the site courtesy of JabbaTheGamer and Jason. Issues are 66, 90, 91, 93, 98, 99 and 104

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/opm-usa-104.jpg
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 3 years ago

slider1983 wrote:

l I can say is I thought you weren't being specific which is why I offered how the UK magazine would have had its disc packaged. It doesn't necessarily mean I wasn't reading your comment, it's how I interpreted your comment and responded. Being on the autistic spectrum has those advantages or disadvantages you see. Smile

Sorry to keep derailing this thread, I had this typed up before Kiwi submitted his post. This is the last I'll say on the matter.

You claim things weren't specific and clear but I'm not buying it. It wasn't even my comment or ANYONE'S comment that should have let you know we were talking about PC Gamer USA, it was the big honkin' cover picture of the specific issue of PC Gamer USA which both Kiwi and I were talking about. Kiwi wasn't asking about PC Gamer in general - he was asking about the specific issue he had scanned, which was identified both in the post's text and by the cover image as an issue of PC Gamer USA. We didn't need to specifically refer to it as PC Gamer USA, since it was clearly understood from the picture that it was an issue of PC Gamer USA that we were referring to, but even so, Kiwi DID specifically say it was an issue of PC Gamer USA. So never at any point was PC Gamer UK or any mag from the UK intended to be included in the conversation.

Btw, my best friend is very much on the autistic spectrum and while he may have slight difficulties with certain things, he has excellent reading comprehension.Like
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
PC Format issues 153 - 157 are now available as I try and do some catch-up with andynick and Nipedley's submissions.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcformat-153.jpg
N
NipedleyNewbie
Posted 3 years ago
Hey, I scanned that! Feels like a lifetime ago now haha :-)
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
PC Format issues 158 - 162 are now available as I try and do some catch-up with andynick and Nipedley's submissions.

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcformat-161.jpg
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 3 years ago
Do you like Final Fantasy VIII? If so, Dengeki PlayStation issue 98 has what you need with 44 whopping pages of FF8 coverage.

Download here: http://www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/...ad_id=7259

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/dp_098_kitsunebi_001_copy.jpg

電撃PlayStation Vol.98 1999年02月26日号
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
Nipedley's scans of N64 Pro have been migrated to the new site and an additional five issues (02 to 06) have been added as well.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/n64-pro-03.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
Another game guide has been added to the site, this time it's the Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy Strategy & Solutions Guide.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/egypt-ii-heliopolis-prophecy-sg.jpg
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
We follow that up with Egypt 1156 B.C: Tomb of the Pharaoh Strategy & Solutions Guide. These are small but it's pretty neat having them here that's for certain!! Smile

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/egypt-1156bc-sg.jpg
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 3 years ago
Were all of those guides for the European adventure games included with the games or were they actually on sale? Graphic adventure is probably my favorite genre of game, but I'll admit I have an intolerance for most of the ones from Europe. They aren't all terrible (not ALL of them LOL), but my heart will always belong to LucasArts and Sierra.
lararelarareJunior Member
Posted 3 years ago
Hey!! What's wrong with Cruise for a Corpse, or the Gobliiins series?
kitsunebikitsunebiAdmin
Posted 3 years ago
I don't consider the Gobliiins games to be graphic adventures - they're puzzle games.

Cruise for a Corpse was not a particularly enjoyable experience for me due to what I consider to be poor game design. Progress in the game is often not a matter of using logic to deduce what needs to be done, but rather simply doing a particular thing at a particular time in order to advance the clock/allow the game to progress. It's a design flaw I see in a lot (OK, most) of Japanese adventure games as well - a linearity of design that requires certain actions to be done in a certain order for progress to be made. And I'm talking about completely arbitrary linearity -- sure, it makes sense to need to find a key before unlocking a door, but it makes no sense to talk to a character, get no useful response whatsoever, then go accomplish some completely unrelated task elsewhere, return to that character, ask them the exact same question, and suddenly have them give information that will allow you to progress. Why didn't they give you that info the first time you talked to them? Because the game designers wanted you to have to accomplish that other (unrelated) task before being able to progress. That's bad adventure game design.

Hey, you asked.Pfft
majinzerothmajinzerothNewbie
Posted 3 years ago
Apart from the Lucasarts and Sierra classics I also enjoyed the Broken Sword games (until they went 3D), and Beneath a Steel Sky.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.