Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

The Fake Success of Dragon Warrior

Last updated on 2 months ago
kitsunebikitsunebi
Admin
Posted 2 months ago
Listen, I realize how hard a Sega fanboy/apologist might prefer if every topic was about them, but unless anyone would like to share their thoughts on the events surrounding the release and marketing promotion of the original Dragon Warrior on the NES in the United States (why this thread exists), then perhaps they should start their own topic to express themselves. Smile
S
slider1983
Posted 2 months ago
Apologist? I have nothing to apologise for being a Sega fan. Smile

By the way what did you think of the YouTube video I recommended?
kitsunebikitsunebi
Admin
Posted 2 months ago
I think you may be unaware of the definition of apologist. It has nothing to do with "apologizing." Word for the day - look it up and enrich your vocabulary! I teach English for a living - this is your homework. Smile

I thought the funniest thing about the video you linked was that the guy who made it shot most of the footage in "no cameras allowed" areas. Typical foreigner ignoring the rules.

So far as I know, there are no Dragon Quest Museums currently open. That video was from 5 years ago during the 30th anniversary. It's now the 35th anniversary, but due to Covid-19, there's unlikely to be anything similar this year.

There will be a livestream 35th anniversary event 10 days from now however which will be translated live into English if anyone wants to follow along.
https://gamerant.com/dragon-quest-35t...announced/
kitsunebikitsunebi
Admin
Posted 2 months ago
Btw, here's a rather interesting video about the most recent mainline Dragon Quest game (DQXI) which might be of particular interest to people visiting a site like OGM concerned with gaming in the past, since it makes the case for DQXI being a modern AAA game that nevertheless scratches that 90s era retrogaming itch many of us have:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utwqv...twqv-BK6Qw
S
slider1983
Posted 2 months ago

kitsunebi wrote:

I thought the funniest thing about the video you linked was that the guy who made it shot most of the footage in "no cameras allowed" areas. Typical foreigner ignoring the rules.
Actually I believe he's been living in Japan since 2006 I think. But yeah cheeky isn't it? Cool

Also I totally get what that video was talking about with being able to make something that looks triple A but feels like what you would get in the 90's. Would love to see Shining Force resurrected with these production values.
kitsunebikitsunebi
Admin
Posted 2 months ago

slider1983 wrote:

- Actually I believe he's been living in Japan since 2006 I think.

I've been living in Japan since 2008, but I'm still a foreigner, and will still be one even if I live here till I'm 100. You don't stop being a foreigner just because you've lived here a long time. You're either born Japanese or you're born gaikokujin (literally: person from another country) and that can never change.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.