Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

New Releases 04/2021

Last updated on 3 months ago
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Wow!! April already. Geezus!! Time flies when you get older I guess.

First release for the month is Computer Games issue 122 and it's also the first mag off the Snapscan IX1600. Definitely makes brighter scans than the 5650c, probably due to the different style LED backlights in this scanner. The fi-5650c has Mercury lamps which explains the "Do not throw in landfill" notices on the back of it Pfft

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/computer_games-122.jpg
Edited by Kiwi on 01/04/2021, 4 months ago
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
My next release is Dreamcast Official Magazine (Japan) issue 34 thanks to GunyenTony who shipped an almost complete set to me two years ago and which have been languishing due to my not quite knowing how to tackle them. A new scanner with fantastic edge detection and a repaired guillotine (thanks to a Youtube video on how to fix the thing!) and I am ready to get into scanning the rest of these.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/dreamcastom-034.jpg
The other issues I have already scanned are being added to the site as well.
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Not one to forget about my old non-fiction content either the next release is Popular Sporting Rifle Cartridges by Clay Harvey. This is a 1970's or 1980's vintage book and this scanned one is my second copy via eBay after I leant my original one, purchased at a gun shop when I was hunting decades ago, to a work mate and it was never returned. Grrr!!

These are printed on low grade newsprint, being a pulp multi-inch thick book much like Gun Digest etc, and as such has some yellowing of the paper due to aging but if you are into hunting or just wanting to read some amusing anecdotes about cartridges (check out the pages on 378 & 460 Weatherby's) then this may be just the ticket for some light weekend reading.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/popular-sporting-catridges.jpg
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Today we have issue 110 of Computer Games added to the Download area for members to enjoy!! This was another donated issue sent from the States to New Zealand by J.Cameron God bless 'em!!

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/computer_games-110.jpg
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Before I make a start on getting more existing content and some of Jason's recent scans online there's time for another issue of Computer Games: Strategy Plus to make it into the Download area, this time being an early issue #34.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/cg-strategyplus-034.jpg
kitsunebikitsunebi
Admin
Posted 4 months ago
****** NEW RELEASE ALERT!!! ******

Another mag I scanned last year finally gets the editing treatment! Dengeki PlayStation 097 can now be found in the download section.
The big story this issue I suppose is the 12-page preview of Final Fantasy VIII, but the game on the cover was unfamiliar to me. Turns out it's part of the "Tokyo Wizard Academy" multimedia franchise of games, novels, anime and audio dramas, none of which ever saw a Western release (this one is called Tokyo Majin Gakuen: Oboro-Kitan).

Download Here: http://www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/...ad_id=6561

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/dps_97_kitsunebi_001_1.jpg
電撃PlayStation Vol.97 1999年2月12日号
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
The April 1993 issue of Leisure Line, an Australian Arcade publication is now available.

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/leisureline-1993-04.jpg
E
etphonehome1973
Posted 4 months ago
THX for sharing!
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
PCG issue 31 is now available. I will get the existing content added to the section as well. Not sure how many I have of this title awaiting scanning. Time will tell ......

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcg-31.jpg
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Out of the blue corner and weighing in at a hefty four mags we have PC Gamer (USA) issues 04, 07, 47 and 208 thanks to the combined efforts of JabbaTheGamer and Jason.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcgamerusa-007.jpg
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
In a move that is sure to make Jason very happy I give issue 18 of Zzap!64 the scanning treatment and it is now available from the usual area.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/zzap64-018.jpg
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Last up for the night we have PlayStation Official (AUS) issue 62

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/playstationaus-_062.jpg
N
Nipedley
Posted 4 months ago
The new site is awesome Kiwi, many thanks for your (and everyone else's!) efforts :-D
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Hiya mate!! I hope things are well with you!!

There's still a lot of work to go getting the remaining existing content and the residue of your scans online. We're slowly getting there ......
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Another nine issues of Official Xbox Magazine (USA) crossed off the M.I.A list today as Jason drops a pile on the NAS. Issues are 23, 24, 25, 29, 48, 60, 62, 63 and 75. Once again an awesome donation from JabbaTheGamer.

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/xbox-usa-023.jpg
kitsunebikitsunebi
Admin
Posted 4 months ago
****** NEW RELEASE ALERT!!! ******

Comptiq issue 258 has been scanned and added to the downloads. 18 years after this issue was published, Evangelion is still making covers in Japan, what with the latest film released last month. I've never watched it, but I'm pretty sure the original anime had something to do with giant robots. The Evangelion computer games seem to have put the robots and angst aside and instead focus on high school romance hijinks generously sprinkled with gratuitous panty shots. A logical progression for a successful Japanese IP.
Still waiting on that Godzilla bishoujo game, tho.
i.postimg.cc/QtzyCFL9/1v2cjm6y.jpg

Anyway, you can download the mag here and the demo disc at the Internet Archive (link in the file description): http://www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/...ad_id=6608

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/comptiq_258_kitsunebi_001.jpg
コンプティーク No.258 2003年6月号
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
I hope everyone is enjoying all the new releases on the new site. kitsunebi has been providing some cracking good Japanese scans which provide an interesting diversion from the usual fare (but where are all the breasty girl mags Grin ) ... and Jason and I are making inroads on Xbox and PC content so all in all we're off to a great start around here!!

Our next duo of issues come from Jason and they are Vol.05 issues 02 and 05 of PC Games (USA). And amazingly, sitting on my desk awaiting scanning is Vol.05 issue 03 of this particular mag as well.....

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pc-games-v05-02.jpg
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
I have scanned PC Gamer (USA) issue 34 and it has now been added to the download area.

www.oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcgamerusa-034.jpg
KiwiKiwi
Super Admin
Posted 4 months ago
Last up for the day .....er ....night ..... is PC Gamer (USA) issue 33 harking back to February 1997. The cover on this issue was badly skewed so some work was put in to make look more presentable. Read that as "straighter than it was" .....

oldgamemags.net/infusions/downloads/images/pcgamerusa-033.jpg
E
etphonehome1973
Posted 4 months ago
THX for all the sharing, especially for those PC Gamer. My "dream" is to have all PC Gamer issues someday. The road have been longer...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.